Our full details are:
Name of company: EMBARK.LAW Ltd.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Könizstrasse 256, CH-3097 Bern-Liebefeld, Switzerland
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that no attorney-client relationship is formed when you contact us through our website www.embark.law or similar communication channels. Please do not send us confidential data through these channels.
What Data Do We Collect About You, for What Purpose and on What Ground Do We Process It
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Contact and Communication Data: This includes name, title, address, email address, phone number or any other contact details. It also includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through our website www.embark.law, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, video and audio calls or any other means of communication. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to communicate with you, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Client Data: This includes data relating to any contract of mandate between us. Such data includes your name, title, address, email address, phone number, contact details, transaction details, and any other information necessary for us to fulfill our contract with you. We process this data to supply the services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you, except with your explicit consent if necessary to fulfill a contract of mandate with you.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it and for reasons compatible with these purposes. If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will let you know and explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may receive data from third parties such as search information and analytics providers like Google based outside of Switzerland and the European Economic Area (EEA) or providers of technical and payment services such as PayPal or Stripe based outside of Switzerland and the EEA.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Client data is subject to the attorney-client privilege, which provides for additional protection against disclosures. We only disclose this data in line with the rules governing the attorney-client relationship.
We never share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes.
If we need to transfer data to a third-party service provider based outside of Switzerland and the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner and the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part the Swiss-US Privacy Shield and the EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- We may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner and the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We allow access to your personal data only to those partners who have a business need to know such data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means, and legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, or transfer, to object to processing or portability of data, and to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee for any legitimate request to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in Switzerland (www.edoeb.admin.ch). We would be grateful if you contacted us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Third Party Links on Our Website
Cookies on Our Website